A bachelorette party is a rite of passage that most prospective brides anticipate with great excitement. However, this is also a night when the revelry can lead to danger and accidents. The event can be memorable for the right reasons, or it can be the cause of problems that can persist on your wedding day. Fortunately, it is easy to plan a bachelorette party with a positive outcome if you remember three important details.
Don't Hold the Party Right Before the Wedding
The timing of the bachelorette party is important, especially if the guests have different temperaments. A night of partying and drinking sometimes leads to disagreements and misunderstandings. If you have the party a few weeks before the wedding, tempers and emotions will have the chance to return to normal.
Consider the Timing of the Party for Out-of-Town Attendees
You also need to consider the arrival time of women who use airline travel in order to attend your bachelorette party. If you have a choice, don't plan to start the party for at least several hours after your last guest arrives in town.
If some of your friends are flying in from out of town, you might even want to schedule the event for the following evening. You don't want any of your guests to miss a minute of the party, and you don't want anyone falling asleep because of jet lag.
Rent a Party Bus
There is no need to select a designated driver if you hire a party bus. You and your bridal attendants will be able to party through the night without worrying that someone will make a bad judgment call and try to drive while intoxicated. Before renting a party bus, you should verify the following details:
- Include food with the cost of the rental, especially if you plan to consume alcohol. However, food isn't always automatically provided in the vehicle unless you request it.
- Clarify how you will be charged for the rental before signing the agreement. Some companies charge hourly fees, while others have a comprehensive price for an entire evening.
- Verify that the driver and vehicle will remain at each location where you want to party if you plan to travel from one club or restaurant to another.
- Inspect the vehicle at the beginning of the evening. Remember that you will be required to pay for damages that occur inside the vehicle while you are using it. You should request a different bus if you find damages when the driver arrives. If another vehicle isn't available, you must insist that every defect is accurately recorded.
- Verify that the party bus company has adequate insurance to cover you and each member of your group.
If you attend to each of these details, you will be well on your way to having a fun bachelorette party that is memorable for all the right reasons. Plan ahead, and everyone will have a great time.Share